BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

So long my friend......for now

Its been 9 years........9 long years. Its been 9 years since we first met......and its been 9 years since I said 'hi' to you for the first time, and now its been 9 minutes since you flew up in the air....bound to some far away place called New York.....the city that never sleeps......

Never in my life have I ever been close to a person as I have been with you. I've set base at 3 different continents in the world, 3 different countries, yet who knew the best friend I ever had was right here in my motherland.

First time I stepped into class nervously on the first day of school I had in Malaysia I sat next to you. Whether it was His calling, or simply a matter of co-incidence.....I don't know. All I saw was a boy in a uniform wearing a tag labeled "Perfect". Though my eyes may have lied to me it took me a while to actually swap the 'e' and the 'r' to make "Prefect". Truth is the first word described you best.

You were my good friend. When others saw the bad in me you saw the good. In fact you were the only one to see the good in me. For 9 years you saw the good in me, you always believed in me no matter what.....no matter what others said. When I needed someone you were there. When I needed help you came to my aid, with no questions asked.

You were at times my guide and beacon of hope. I looked up to you. You fought for what was right, you fought for dignity. You never let anyone bring you down, you stood tall, you were unbreakable. You stood up for yourself, you didn't need anyone. You conquered your own life

Yes we had our arguments.....so many times in actual fact. But I guess that's the beauty of it. We were honest and open, we understood each other.....even though we were at opposite sides of the spectrum in our worlds. We grew up with these hardships, and we came out of it stronger and braver.

Things never changed between us. Nothing could ever stop us, not even school graduation. We always found time somehow, whether it was in between our classes or simply the weekends, nothing could stop us from hanging, not distance nor time.

We could talk forever like there' s no tomorrow......whether it was about school, college, friends, girls, more girls, flirting techniques, or even family. We kicked the crap outta each other on FIFA and PES, not to mention the times during P.E or futsal, it was simple football, you were the striker I was the goalie.....our main duty, stop each other at all costs, and it made us what we are now, 10 times better and closer. You were Torres I was Reina........and at the end of the day, we played for the same team, the one and only Reds.

I would never have put my money on us taking the same course ever....let alone the same uni. It looks as if we both haven't yet finished our story. I guess all we have done is turn the page on another chapter of this life we have. Its a new lease of life.

To be honest I don't know what He has in line for us. I really don't know. How I wish it was all the more simpler. Life from now on is no more black and white. I really don't know what now. Now that you're gone I have no one to talk to about what an idiot Lucas is, how we hate MU's guts, or simply the intriguing stories revolving around girls we have around us. I have no one to beat in a game of football on the console, nor have I got anyone to push me that extra step further in life, to be a tad bit more daring.

And while writing this something new surfaced. Your departure has brought back many friends back together to ponder about the good old days. Anuj a simply whacky fella indeed, Min tut the ever so big school 'show off' :p yet he's perhaps the nicest guy you'll find around. Prashant being Prashant as he is, mature and always a step ahead. Shaun, perhaps one of the most respected fellas you'll find.....simply because he believed in himself and fought for his right. Benny, perhaps at times misunderstood by many, yet is one of the nicest fellas you'll ever find in school, he of all people has the capability to surprise anyone, I owe him a LOT. And who can forget Shanthan, the heartbeat, the spine. Shanthan came in all shapes and sizes. If we all lived in a 3-dimensional world, he lived in a 4-dimensional world. I cannot put Shanthan in words....you just have to meet him, and trust me you'll be privileged indeed.

These were only a taste of what we've both gone through. I could write a whole book of us all, yet some people have departured to their own paths. Paths that separated us all distance-wise. Will we all meet each other again on an odd event? only He knows.

This is the toughest post I've done hands down. Its just hard to let go sometimes. Life introduces many unexpected things, in unexpected packages. That's the beauty of life. This is no joke at all......

We ALL miss you a lot. All we can hope for is for you not to forget us, in the hope that somehow we will all be back as how we were before. How I'd give anything to turn back the clock and relive those moments. Those were the best moments in my life, and I only realised this when you passed the immigration counter. Talk about right timing

My route to Michigan will kick-start tonight, I'll see you next year when we both head to the same state......

We wish you all the best up there in Michigan. You're gonna do just fine, I knew that since the first day I met you. You were indeed the "Perfect" friend..........

Bros for life.......








P.S Its time to close this chapter.....its about time......I'm sure of it now that you're gone......

2 comments:

Justine said...

Beautiful. You're a brilliant writer, no doubt. Hope your friend and the friends mentioned in the post get to read it! =)

Faiz said...

Like.
=)