BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

House arrest day 168

My boredom = watching movies endlessly at home

Because I have nothing pathetically better to do....here is the rating countdown of the last 5
movies I've watched so far....

5. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Massively over-rated to be honest. Great robots, great action scenes, heart-thumping combat, but stupid -.- . Sam Witwicky awaken from the dead?! what the hell is this resurrection????....yea and not to mention how dumb the citizens can be....I mean even after the first Transformers installment and the great showdown between Optimus Prime and Megatron that the people had NO IDEA THESE ROBOTS EXISTED?! oh come on! Don't tell me they can't notice those massively huge machines which move about in the city smashing everything in sight!! gahhh...LAME. Yea and what's with that kid Leo huh?? He's just a waste of screen time really. Perhaps the only shining star of the movie...John Turturro aka Agent Simmons. Yea the man single-handedly saved the movie from being a bore militarial movie.

Quote of the movie: "Oh professor! I'll do ANYTHING for an A!" - Judy Witwicky


4. Stomp the Yard
A decent movie in all aspects. If you're into breath taking and impossible dance techniques and
executions, then Stomp the Yard is the perfect movie for you. The romance in the movie = Lame + waste of time. The face-off between the fraternities at the end of the movie = brilliance in
cinematography. This movie showcases the determination and grit of the respective fraternities in their road to greatness....and at the end of the day there is always and only one winner...

Quote of the movie: "It's not just about you. It's about us, we're a team" - Duron


3. Yes Man

A really fun movie to witness. Screw the plot, watching Jim Carrey in the movie is priceless
enough. You can watch it over and over again and each time you'll be glued to your seat that I
assure you. The more you watch the more you'll love Jim's acting in the movie. I tell ye not many actors out there will leave a good impression like Jim Carrey does despite a relatively predictable and mediocre movie.

Quote of the movie: "You ever had a Red Bull? Ive never had a Red Bull before, but I had a Red Bull last night - I really like Red Bull" - Carl Allen aka Jim Carrey


2. White Chicks
Another hilarious movie indeed from the Wayans brothers. One thing about this movie is it's humor which is quite unique in it's own way, different from other comedies you find on the big screen. Terry Crews provided an nice touch to the movie playing the self-centred and obsessive Latrell Spencer. All in all White Chicks is a great family movie indeed, so just sit back, relax, and let those tears of laughter drip from you're ducts.

Quote of the movie: Triple t, k, a. Time to totally kick a**! - Wayans brothers


1. August Rush

Ok here's what I thought about music before watching this movie....music is what you here in the
radio fullstop. Here's what I thought about orchestras before watching this movie....its just a
group of overpaid musicians playing instruments which I've never even touched in my life.
Here's what I thought of music after watching the movie....music is a combination of
sounds...sounds you here everywhere, whether its the sound of screeching cars, strong winds, the drilling of machines on the roadside, or the sound of a person in the toilet doing....their thing.
And for as for orchestras, to me they were now beautiful symphonies of music and sounds put together to make one piece of a beautiful rhapsody defining the four elements of earth, fire, wind, and water. Heck I told myself after school that I am NOT gonna take a single subject of music ever in my life....yet now I'm pondering over dropping theater for music 103 next semester -_- . That is how influential the movie has been to me.
August Rush is the perfect movie. Keri Russel one GORGEOUS and FINE lady *ahem. And Freddie Highmore...the star of the movie...the wonderkid, the prodigy, the angel. I'd give anything in the world for his musical talent. Even at this age I'm still having trouble writing the G major on the scale, and this kid is already off composing his own rhapsodies -.- . Gahhhh I need to get into Juilliard fast! The movie is a piece of art. When a friend told me this movie was about a small kid in his quest to search for his parents through the sounds of music I was like....."yeah hey did you know I can run faster than Usain Bolt -.-" . How wrong was I. In August Rush I was introduced to the world of music. For a guy who lived on F1, football, cars, and *ahem transformers....this was something completely new to me. It totally changed the way I looked
at life. This movie is a breath of fresh air....and I highly doubt I'd ever watch a movie even
remotely as good as August Rush. Props to Kirsten Sheridan, well done to you.

Quote of the movie:
"You know what music is? God's little reminder that there's something else besides us in this universe, a harmonic connection between all living beings, every where, even the stars" - Wizard aka Robin Willaims

P.S: I need to get outta here!

3 comments:

Justine said...

Haha. Fantastic movie reviews!!!!!!! August Rush's one was a tad longer than the rest but enjoyed it the best! You are so hooked! :P I encourage you to pursue MUSC103 whenever you can throughout your time in ADP. No regrets, trust me. :)

Ikitron said...

yesh d best one deserves a bit more extra credit thus d extra words ;)

Faiz said...

Haha. Ikhsan is truly obsessed with August rush. I'm sure it is an awesome movie. Have to watch it first though. And thinking of taking music? Take it Winter 10'.
Planning to take that too.
=)