BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another day in the office

Class started at 8....as normal.....
Class ended at 10......pretty normal
After class played pool with Rebecca and lost......unfortunately that was pretty normal -.- ........
Had lunch with Samantha and Rebecca.......quite normal
Went to KL at 12pm and got lost.......very normal

That was where my normal day ended.....

The day began at precisely 1pm.......when me and my aunt headed for JB for the rally. It was a longggg 5 hour drive to JB -.- . On the way me and my aunt chatted about kids nowadays not having enough drive or ambition to succeed in a career they truly will thrive in. We agreed that kids in school nowadays only had 1 real objective.........get as many A's as possible.

I mean yea ok grades do of course matter, but if thats the only reason why you keep entering the school gates every single day of ur freaking life until you're 17 or 18 truth is you'd struggle to go far. You're gonna need at least a small fire inside to ignite that huge dream of yours......a dream that fuels that burning desire inside of you to live your life to the max whilst enjoying the benefits. If you're in school simply for the A's on your certificate, I'd suggest you go look in the dictionary and find the word 'school'.

Ok enough of me crapping. We reached the hotel at 6.10pm, just in time for my aunt's racers' briefing. While she attended the briefing I decided to head to the room to freshen up. As I got into the life 2 other tall figures entered the lift, one in particular looked very familiar. It was a face I ever so often have seen on TV and the papers....it was Malaysia's top racing driver!!! I could barely control myself inside....though in the end I remained pretty lifeless to be honest.....way to keep my cool.

Looked for room 1027....gosh the hotel was huge. Entered the room, inserted the key into some device....then WHAM!!! all sorts of electronics went on.....sweet. Turned on the TV and started to watch some really nice shows until a potentially-destructive sms from a friend forced me to the corner table to finish up some calculus homework =.= .

Night arrived soon and it was time for the opening ceremony. The area outside the hotel where the opening ceremony was going to be held was NICE! There were bistros, clubs, cafes, free-duty shopping, starbucks :p , bars, and nice restaurants. Took some pics with the camera and videos with the camcorder. I practically looked like a media moron.....holding the camera in my left hand and the camcorder on my right -.- After the ceremony we had dinner, I took more pics, and we all headed back to the hotel. End of day 1

Day2 arrived fast. Had to wake up at 6.30am. Had a quick breakfast at the hotel then headed straight to the 1st SS. (Note: SS means Super Stage......basically a racing course or track). Few people had already gathered in the area......whilst I looked for a good standing position to snap some pics. Car after car passed. For my family this is how it worked......get to the SS super early and wait for my uncle in his 1.3 Satria race car to pass and then rush to the next SS to catch him again in action. Kinda lazy to explain it clearly so if you have no idea what I just wrote (which im betting you are) then too bad -.-......

Cars which passed by had front bumpers missing, rear bumpers and side doors falling off, and crumpled side panels. Thing is the sport of rally-racing includes a lot of cars hitting trees, tire puncture, flipping cars, and so on. You get the point. Things were going OK I guess. The aim for my uncle was to finish the race. We all were in the car until we received an unwelcome call from my uncle.......he ditched the car at the 3rd stage -.- PERFECT. I predicted an early end to my weekend. We waited and waited at the team garage endlessly in hope of seeing the yellow car. After an odd hour or so finally the car arrived. My uncle somehow managed to get the car out of the drain without a truck. The car returned with a few cracks or so but was still good to run. The organizers however prohibited my uncle from racing again for the day as he exceeded the amount of time and bla bla bla crap. In short it was time to call it a day and wait till the next day for another round of racing.

I felt a tremor on my left leg. A force that felt familiar in all sorts of ways. I opened my dazy eyes....it was grandpa shaking my leg to wake me up -.- It was 6am in the morning and to be honest I had no idea what happened the previous night. My laptop was turned off beside me and received a sms from a friend......telling me what an awesome time she had the previous night at MTV worldstage and how much she jumped around (inturiging indeed.... :P ). Felt really glad for her especially after all the trauma she went through with her Cook and her unique voicebox.

Got up and ready to go at 7.30am. Headed to the first race stage of the day. Things looked a bit more livelier. People started to flood the area and a media helicopter kept hovering above lowly. Didn't manage to get close to the cars though, but still it was an awesome backdrop with the undulating hills.

The next race stage was a bit more spectacular in all respects. Not only was it a great up close spot where I was within meters of the cars passing by but I was also within meters of some really nice girls :p....another thing I loveeeeee about rallying hahaha!!

The day of racing finally ended as we headed back to the hotel for the closing ceremony. Good ol' uncle managed to finish the race and ended up some way back in the standings thanks to his trip to the ditch the previous day.

Thing is I can't really blog about rally racing.....I'd bore myself out explaining the whole thing to you. Perhaps the best way for me to explain my experience are through these following pics.......






For more pics check out here.

P.S : I'm thorugh. I'm done....now go live you're life in peace

3 comments:

Justine said...

SWEEEEEEEEET indeed!!! =) I'm positive you had a grand weekend! And yes, Rebecca can beat you at pool anytime mannnnn. :P

Ikitron said...

eh lu diam la u werent there in club 9 so u didnt know what went down -.-

Justine said...

I was there the first time she beat you, and then another girl beat you right after. So there. Enough said. =)