BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Malacca Day 1

Malacca......a place somewhere in Malaysia......yeah why not.....3 days away from madness.....2 nights away from 'it'.

For the first time ever I witnessed a friend of mine drive.....wasn't impressed to say the least :p. Then later for the first time also witnessed another friend of mine drive, and was very impressed :). That was the story of my whole afternoon -_-

Reached Malacca around 2pm, then headed straight to some place called Jonker's street. Reminded me of Petaling street....but this Malacca style ;).....

It was friggin hot....Justine's mom couldn't take it, she was sweating at the same rate as me lol. That didn't stop her from grabbing all the prized jewels around the area though =.=

In the end me, Justine, Faisal, Samantha, and Alias went Jonker street hunting for....err....stuff...I'll let these pics tell the story...








After that we headed straight back to the hotel to freshen up, where I also watched in amusement from the comfort of our room as Faisal and Alias were busy having their pillowfight. Then me and Faisal decided to roam around for a while in the streets just to kill precious and boring time, and as a result of that we got lost. sighhh. However thanks to my awesome navigation skills we somehow managed to end up back to the hotel.

The whole 7 entourage of us which included Justine's parents then left the life-less hotel and headed to this place called the "Eye of Malaysia". Basically it's a just a really big wheel with capsules attached to it where humans can go in and sit opposite each other and stare endlessly at things that amuse them, be it old buildings, more old buildings, and even more old buildings. And apparently I learned something new: Justine's parents + heights = NO.




After that we headed for dinner at this mamak....yes they have mamaks in Malacca yeay -_-. Random convos came up, I'l just summarize them:

1. Justine's mom loves Bae Yong Jun

2. Justine love-d Bae Yong Jun (Justine had to let go of her love to her mom)

3. Justine's dad wants to learn Arab

4. Justine's dad speaks Tamil

5. Justine didn't know her dad spoke Tamil

6. While we were in Malacca Dre was busy singing along with his realtives in kl (random point)

After dinner we headed to some pub where Justine's parents had to catch up with this singer who sang some oldies at the pub. Me, Faisal, Samantha, Justine, and Alias were partially amused and ended up playing truth or dare and I had to sing remedies of Archie's songs to Justine so she wouldn't feel bored.

We then headed back to the hotel where Faisal and Alias discovered that they left the key in the room gahhhh. Luckily getting a 2nd key from the counter was easy :p. Then bla bla bla and here I am now stuck in the lobby with Justine who is busy looking for a job online while I am posting this. Day 2 awaits me tomorrow.

0 comments: